Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Changing Up My Diet

Since I've been running pretty steadily for about a month now and have been fluctuating between gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds, I've started focusing a little more on my diet. Honestly, it hasn't been the best for a while now. I've been eating the same junk food my kids eat (because they boycott anything that looks even remotely healthy..), and it hasn't been good for my journey. Skimpy breakfast, hotdogs and corn dogs for lunch, hamburger helper for supper.. It sucked.

So this week, I picked up some tilapia, brown rice, and broccoli to cook for lunch. So far, I'm enjoying it a lot. I know I'm not blowing off all of my efforts by eating junk all day.

Anyway, yesterday's run was nice. My pace was a little slower than usual because I wasn't quite feeling it until a little while into it as I'd stayed up too late the night before.

Today, I played Wii for about two hours. I started with Wii Active for an hour, and finished with Wii Fit for another hour. I even added in some weight lifting with the 3 pound weights I picked up from Walmart earlier today. I can imagine I'm going to be quite sore in the morning.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment