Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thursday - Wii Active Workout

I normally don't work out other than my running, but my kids and I spent the day at my parents house today because my air went out and the heat index is 112°F.

It all started with me trying to get Emma Grace, my four year old, to play Mario Cart. She played a race or two, but lost interest because Ava, my two year old, was amassing a huge pile of toys that Emma wanted to play with.

While they were playing, I played a few Wii games, but none were really holding my interest. Then, I remembered that my parents have Wii Fit, so I wanted to play it. My Dad and I spent a good 30 minutes looking for the Balance Board, but couldn't find it. So I decided to play Wii Active instead.
I picked a pretty high intensity 30 minute work out and started sweating it out. After 40 minutes, I was finally finished with the workout.. and I burned about 220 calories!

I think I may have to start coming by to bug my parents on my non-running days to come use the Wii because it really kicked my butt! Plus, it would balance out the cardio of running with a bit of strength training.

No comments:

Post a Comment