Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 14: Cardio Power & Resistance

Phew!  I had my butt kicked today!  Somehow, I did enough yesterday to make me sore today (or maybe I slept wrong, who knows), so today's Insanity workout was torture!  Obviously, no run today.  I was dog tired this morning so I slept in.  I guess it helped, because I'm feeling much better today than I was yesterday.  I had my sugar drop right about the time I started the DVD, so I drank a quick glass of tea and gave it a few minutes to kick in.  Eating supper here in about an hour, so I wasn't worried about grabbing a snack right after I finished.

Cardio Power & Resistance is a really good arm workout, especially the last half.  All the V Push-Ups, Triceps Dips, and Moving Push-Ups really made my arms feel like cooked noodles!  I actually really enjoy the feeling though, because I know each drop of sweat is progress, and progress means I'm one step closer to my goal than I was yesterday.

The other day, I read about a great motivational thing for visual people like me.  What it is, is you take a clear jar (I have a glass vase) and you fill with with things each time you complete a workout and watching it fill up is motivation for the next workout.  Some fill theirs with money and use it to reward themselves after so many workouts.  I got marbles to fill mine with, pink for running, and purple for Insanity.  Well, wouldn't you know it, the same day I bought them, I misplaced them.  So I have, quite literally, lost my marbles...  I've been looking for them for three days now!  And the bad thing is, they're in a bright yellow bag!

See you guys tomorrow!  I'm going to look for my marbles some more..

No comments:

Post a Comment